1. The classes that I am taking this semester are Research Methods and Cardiovascular Disease, instead of taking a third class I have arranged an internship.
2. For my internship I will be working at the gym at the Times Square Morgan Stanley building (thanks bailout). PlusOne Fitness is the company who actually runs the gym. PlusOne is a company who is contracted to run health centers in large office buildings all over the country. I am very excited about this, I will be able to learn all about Corporate Fitness as well as gain experience in Exercise Prescription.

3. I will be spending the rest of my time working with people with Parkinson's Disease. 3 professors are working on a study that will be comparing the effects that exercise and dance have on people with PD. I will be working as the fitness coordinator where I will be putting them through an exercise program twice a week. In addition to this I will help the professors put each participant through an assessment every ten weeks to track their progress.
I have been working with these participants all summer long and I have become very interested in PD. This has become more than a job, I am now very interested in the results of the study. I have developed a great love for these people, and have worked to gain more knowledge regarding this disease and how it effects people.
The more I work with them the more I want to call Rush and tell him how much this clip disgusts me.
I personally watch people go through this many times a week. And ironically it is the medication that is causing the movement. So anyone that knows anything about PD (Rush does not) can see that if anything he over-medicated himself to be able to do the ad/interview.
Well this is my plan for the next few months, I do not have any plans to coach. Unless the NYU coach gives me a call and offers me an assistant coach position.
6 comments:
that sounds so awesome andy. there is nothing better than doing something you love during the day and coming home to a pretty lady at night.
i ditto becca and then add that it really bothers me that rush would make fun of him.... that's disgusting.
Andy....that sounds like a really great semester, doing a lot of things that look good to prospective employers and are meaningful at the same time!!
Andy,
I am really proud of you and all you are doing. I was apalled at Rush's statement re: Michael J Fox. He obviously does not know what he is talking about...(a thought I have had before)...but anyhoo...this sounds fabulous...and I agree with Becca...what you love during the day and who you love at night.
I think that is awesome!
The best part will be coming home to my wonderful wife. I am glad that I will only have 3 late nights, the rest of the time I will be working while she is.
Yes, I found 2 things that I would like doing and neither of them are coaching. Weird
Today it is hard to actually cross the line but somehow Rush found a way to do it. Physically mocking someone with a disability is always wrong.
Post a Comment