
This weekend Andy has gone above and beyond his calling as husband and because of this he has been named "Husband of the Year". It all started out Friday morning. I had to get up early after studying all night to take a test for a continuing education course for my license (boo :( ). After I was done Andy went to the store and brought home lots of food to make me a big, wonderful breakfast. In case you didn't know Andy is a great little chef. I am even thinking of nominating him for America's Next Top Chef. Watch for him soon.
Next, Andy went with me to get a flu shot. Unfortunately our pharmacy did not have any so Andy called all over Manhattan in search of one for me.
By this time I had come down with a headache so I sat on the couch crying in pain. I then felt my forehead and was worried I had developed a fever. Andy felt my head and confirmed that I had not, but even so went out on my request for a thermometer from the pharmacy and an assortment of Halloween candy ("you know, if there is any cheap Halloween candy you can get that too," I said). Wouldn't you know Andy got all my very favorite candies (Kit Kat, Snickers, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) that I happily munched on with a temperature of 98.3.
On Saturday morning my headache was worse and I could not move because of the pounding. I sat very still on the couch again and watched Saturday Morning Cartoons while Andy fixed me another fabulous breakfast.
By Sunday I was feeling better, but he still allowed me to take a nap while he made me a fabulous dinner all while he should have been studying for a midterm (if I had known this he would have been studying all weekend instead of taking care of me and watching sports).
Andy is such a good husband. While I sit around and do nothing he runs all over the place getting me whatever I need and taking care of me. He helps me search for my medicine almost everyday when I lose it and in the evenings he brings me my horrible chewable vitamins with water and a lollipop to wash them down with. Today he ran to make copies and send out some letters at the post office. He is so helpful and kind and never, ever complains even when my requests are ridiculous. It is for this outstanding achievement in husbanding that Andy receives the Husband of the Year award. Please put your hands together for a wonderful husband, brother, son, etc. . . . I love him very much!
P.S. My favorite part of the weekend was when Andy said we should watch scary movies this week to get ready for Thanksgiving. I laugh every time I think about it!!!
6 comments:
my brother is the best. dont think i'm weird but i almost started to cry. he reminds me of my dad!!!
i heart you both
He is a wonderful young man and I love him dearly as you do to.
he is one nice hubby.
I think that this will have more controversy than President Obama winning the Nobel Prize.
I am glad I did not tell her about the midterm, I like watching sports.
The only thing greater than serving my wife is having her tell everyone about it.
Thanks
Stefany Larsen, I love you!
Awesome entry Stefany!
Shout out to Andy!
Post a Comment