Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Celebrity Sighting and Primary Fun

We walked out of our apartment Friday morning, around the corner, and there at 42nd and 9th was Ice-T and that other guy from Law and Order SVU filming a scene. It was quite exciting, especially for me who grew up in a home where Law and Order and CSI were very popular shows!
So here is a recap of people we have seen during our stay in New York: Ice-T and that other guy from Law and Order, Hoda Kotb from the Today Show, and Barry Williams from the Brady Bunch.

On to more spiritual matters . . . .
I am teaching Sharing Time tomorrow in Primary. The theme is "My Family Can be Together Forever Through the Ordinances of the Temple". Above is my handmade handout (we don't have a printer) . . . don't worry I will make copies at the church! Here is the plan: I will hole punch a hole at the top of the handout and put it on a piece of string. I will then talk about my family and put a Froot Loop on the string for each member. I will then tie the string at both ends and explain to the children that just as the circle I have made has no end, through Heavenly Father's plan and the ordinances of the temple our families can be together for eternity. I will then have them get with their classes and make their own necklaces and talk about each member of their families. I also thought they could write the names or draw pictures of each member on the back of their temple, as I have done below:

It is not the most accurate picture of everyone, but I did my best!

6 comments:

Becca and Ashton said...

you drew me very beautifully. i look very skinny, that is how i like it. what a great primary idea, you should write a book.

Natalie said...

Totally cute idea... I'm in primary and we would totally dig a sharing time like that!

Papa D said...

I think that is an inspired idea for a sharing time. Great job....

GeGe Denise said...

Well first of all your celebrity sighting is fabulous...Mike and Katie Metcalf will be thrilled as they are big Law and Order fans.

Second of all...your sharing time idea is fabulous...you are so good at that!!! The kids will love it. May I "Share" with our Primary president? And i too like my picture as I am very thin. And I love the picture of you and Andy...you are an amazing couple.

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

Her sharing time went well, afterward I heard kids say that they were eating their family. So I know that they understood what she taught.

sarah jean said...

thank you for drawing an accurate to scale version of just how long my torso is.... my legs are very short. you were also correct on the exact number of hairs andy has on his head. great jon. if i ever get married, or am ever in primary... i will copy everything you do.