My question is very simple, most of the elite teams in the NBA added a player or two to help them win next year.
Below is a list of the Teams and the Player(s) they added and lost. You decide.
I did not include the rookies, and I only put down the teams that I think have a chance of winning.
Western Conference
LA Lakers
Added Ron Artest
Lost Trevor Ariza
San Antonio Spurs
Added Richard Jefferson, Antonio McDyess, Theo Ratliff
Lost Bruce Bowen
Dallas Mavericks
Added Shawn Marion, Drew Gooden
Lost Brandon Bass
Portland Trailblazers
Added Andre Miller
Eastern Conference
Orlando Magic
Added Vince Carter, Matt Barnes
Lost Hedo Turkaglu
Cleveland Cavaliers
Added Shaq O'Neill, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon
Lost Wally Szczerbiak
Boston Celtics
Added Rasheed Wallace, Marquis Daniels
Lost Leon Powe, Stephon Marbury
Detroit Pistons
Added Ben Gorden, Charlie Villenueva, Chris Wilcox
Lost Aaron Affalo
7 comments:
The lake show I think lost some offense, gained some sorely needed D. The Cavs did OK.. I give them a B. I kinda like the Shaq move, but only if he really gets into shape like he says he is.
I hate the Spurs, but I think they may have catapulted themselves back into contention.... IF the big 3 can remain healthy.
Also the Mavs may have done well, depending on how Marion plays. He plays Dallas style ball... except he's a good defender. I think Sheed really helps the C's next year too.. esp if the Ticket get's hurt at all, because he can play 3, 4, or 5.
I miss football.
As usual it is the Celtics and Lakers that helped themselves the most. Artest and Wallace have proven that they are major factors. I hope Shaq does well but that is a gamble. The Lakers will repeat unless the Celtics stay healthy. With Wallace they might compete.
As you might guess, the last comment was Papa D using Beccas computer
It sure did not sound like Becca at all.
The idea of Artest and Kobe playing Defense together is crazy. Especially when they play them both at guard. They can share the point with Odom and shut down everyone.
I think that the Spurs also are stacked, the idea of Richard along side Parker, Manu and Duncan is pretty impressive.
But I have to give the West to the Mavs. Having Kidd and Howard in the backcourt with Marion and Dirk up front is crazy. Not too mention all the passes that Kidd will send to Marion all season long. But I am not sure if it is enough to pass the Spurs and Lakers, but I hope so.
In the east I am not sure why people are questioning the Shaq deal. The problem in Phoenix was Porter's unwillingness to change the offense, not Shaqs unwillingness to get out of the paint. Plus Parker is a stud (almost as good as his sister Candace).
What Boston did was get great backups, should anyone get hurt they will be fine. Plus if anyone can motivate Sheed it is Garnett. The problem is that Sheed and Perkins were two of the highest players in technical fouls last year.
So my final verdict is Cleveland and Dallas did the best as far as improving their teams. If these are not the top 8 teams next year I will be surprised (unless Utah, Denver or Miami do something)
I notice the Knicks are not up here as the Elite team, which is unfortunate. I keep hoping they'll pick up someone big. . . .
I was so amazed at Becc's deep understanding of the NBA...she was way above me and I was like whoa...when did this happen so it does make more sense that it was Dad...not that Becca does not know the NBA but I was shocked.
The Knicks tried to add a big name. They offered Jason Kidd and Grant Hill contracts. With those two they would have made the playoffs for sure.
Post a Comment