Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Cupcake Tour

On Saturday we went on a cupcake tour of Manhattan. We visited 16 different cupcake shops all around the island. It took us about ten hours and we were exhausted at the end, but it was definitely worth it. Here are some pictures of our tour.
Here is the map I created for the tour.

1. Tribeca Treats
Dulce de Leche Cupcake
2. Sugar Sweet Sunshine
Lemon Yummy Cupcake
3. Butter Lane
Vanilla with Chocolate-Tangerine Frosting Cupcake
4. Buttercup Bake Shop
Lady Baltimore Cupcake
5. Crumbs Elvis Cupcake
6. Two Little Red Hens
Brooklyn Blackout Cupcake
7. Make My Cake
Red Velvet Cupcake

8. Tonnie's Minis
Carrot cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Walnuts Cupcake
9. Magnolia Bakery
Rockettes Red Velvet Cupcake
10. Amy's Bread
Black and White Cupcake
11. Little Pie Company
Peanut Butter Cupcake
12. Cupcake Cafe
Chocolate on Chocolate Cupcake
13. Burgers and Cupcakes
Blueberry Vanilla Cupcake
14. Big Booty Bread Co.
Oreo Cupcake
15. Billy's Bakery
Classic Chocolate with Buttercream Cupcake
16. Eleni's

Raspberry Ganache Cupcake

Our favorites were: Dulce de Leche, Elvis, Brooklyn Blackout, Carrot cake, and Rockettes Red Velvet.

10 comments:

Papa D said...

What a fun thing to do. Which place was your #1 favorite?

sarah jean said...

wow, first of all i am now so hungry. second, i can't even explain how jealous i am of you two. third, i love all the pics...you both look so cute. when i come to new york i for sure want to visit your favorite spots!!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

That's such a great idea! I love it! You guys are so cute!

GeGe Denise said...

Oh my gosh...I am so hungry and so jealous and you both look so cute...when we come again we need to do at least a mini tour...by the way I lost 5# at WW..so good thing I am not there eating cupcakes...they all looked so good. What a great idea.

{ Missemmelle } said...

Great pictures! I'm so jealous -- wish I could live in a place where I could even take a cupcake tour!

Natalie said...

sound so fun! and delicious! makes me want to do that... but Davenport Iowa probably has just a hair fewer cool cupcake shops than Manhattan...

Rachel said...

Did you like Buttercup Bakeshop? My friends swears it's amazing. Really did you like anything better than Crumbs?

Becca and Ashton said...

so JEALOUS!!!!!

Rachael and Brad Huntsman said...

I'm also jealous, and very confused. Did you travel with a photographer? or just act like tourists to have people take your pics?

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

We hired a homeless man to spend the day with us. All he charged was $3.00 and my socks