Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall Fun Day 47 (Saturday, September 11)

Today was September 11. I thought a lot today about what happened on this day in 2001. It was a day that I will never forget. Macy's dad and I are so grateful to live in this country, to have the freedoms that we have, and to have men and women fighting so that we can continue to live in this country and have these freedoms. We have loved having the opportunity to live in New York City and be able to spend time at Ground Zero. We hope that we can raise Macy to have an appreciation for her country. We also hope to be able to one day return to New York so Macy can learn about what happened there before she was born so that she also will never forget.




Macy sitting on Mommy's head. You probably can't tell, but she has a chunk of my hair that she is eating.


Macy trying to drink out of a big girl cup.

Macy giving kisses to Uncle Eric.


Macy in her new sling. She actually liked being in it as far as we could tell.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I like the sling. Cute.

sarah jean said...

the beginning of this post almost made me cry...but then seeing macy just makes me smile!!

GeGe Denise said...

I loved the beginning...it did make me cry and then I loved the pictures...love the sling.