Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Little Christmas

We had our first Christmas by ourselves this year. It was fun and very busy. Christmas Eve consisted of decorating our tree, baking cookies, and starting some of our new traditions. We decided to open one gift (new pajamas) before bed and watch a Christmas movie. Macy LOVED her Dora pj's. We also began our tradition of eating delicious hamburgers on Christmas Eve. While in Florida we will be eating at Steak n' Shake. One of THE best burgers I have ever had (but I am satisfied with a fast food burger so I might not be a good judge). Finally, we ate cookies and hot chocolate while reading Luke 2. On Christmas we got up about three hours before Church to get ready (and still got to Church late *sigh*), took a few pictures and saw what Santa brought, ate some cinnamon rolls (another tradition), then loaded everyone up, went to Church (I caught about 10 minutes between taking out three children), came home and opened presents, took some more pictures, put Macy down for a very little nap, then we loaded everyone back into the car to go to Christmas dinner with another family, ate and played, came home for more presents and more pictures then fed two babies, cleaned up all the new toys, and went to bed. It was slightly exhausting. To prove it, both boys slept 8+ hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas night (Zack slept 10.5 hours last night). Merry Christmas to me! Now that you have read ALL of that, here are a bunch of pictures of our little Christmas!

Macy helped decorate some reindeer cookies for Santa. I know it's a little odd for Santa to eat reindeer cookies, but they were cute.

Macy's new Dora pj's.

Macy decorating our felt tree. We did a felt tree this year so Macy could decorate and undecorate it to her little heart's content.

Nick and Zack wearing their new pj's and posing for their Christmas Countdown picture. Only one day until Christmas!

Zack on Christmas morning.

Nick on Christmas morning.

The three kiddos.

The boys having a good time.

Zack with his new Broncos onesie.

A quick family pic.

Nick and his new Gonzaga onesie.

Our stockings hung by the chimney with care.

6 comments:

tammy stailey said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you guys were able to start some new traditions. The boys look so cute, can't wait to see them and Macy is gorgeous as always!

Denny and Denise said...

Your stockings ae so cute...all of your traditions are great...I love your tree and Macy looks adorable...You guys did a great job but we sure did miss you!!!

Papa D said...

We sure wished we could have been together, but your day sounded really great. We love you and are counting the days when we get to see you!

Phill and Jessica said...

Stefany you look gorgeous! Can't believe you had twins only like eight weeks ago! And your family is truly adorable. Happy holidays!

Rachel said...

I love all of these pictures. And that the boys got so many sports things. And I would still like to see the video that you took of Macy with the book!

Beth and Wes said...

Stef you look amazing, I can't believe it after having twins!! You guys sure do have you hands full!