
Andy and I had planned to get up at 5:00 AM to get the best seats possible for the parade, but 5:00 turned to 6:30 and 6:30 turned to 9:00 before we finally got up (the parade starts at 9!) So we got ready and walked down 42nd Street to Broadway where we had fabulous seats for half an hour. We were in a walking path, however, so eventually we were scooted across Broadway where we were able to get a great front and rear view of the parade! Once we got across the street we turned around and went back the other way for another great view of the parade complete with front row seats of a police take-down. In case anyone was wondering how Andy is adjusting to big city life, he is doing just fine. . . you might even call him a real New Yorker! There were over 4 million people at the parade and many got pretty pushy. They couldn't push Andy around, however. He gave them a little attitude and they backed off! We had a lot of fun, but next year we will probably forgo the 32 degree weather and watch the parade from the comfort of our own toasty living room!
8 comments:
Andy with an attitude? This comes as quite a shock to me, as his mother. I am so happy that you went to the parade...what about next year if we come for Thanksgiving...I may need some of Andy's attitude to keep me safe.
P.S. I do not know who "amp" is but I am Denise...and by the way, I love the pictures.
That's so cool you guys got to go to the parade! Dave is completely jealous of you guys living in New York. I hope we can come visit you guys sometime relatively soon :)
That is so cool. I am way jealous of you right this second!
that is so awesome! This week! This week!
Haha that's awesome! I can see Andy being protective for sure! I really wish I could go to the cool parade! We went to a Disneyland parade & they told us we couldn't sit & that we had to stand...ummm I was 7 months pregnant & quite large! I was shocked they made us do that...sucks you had to move so much!
When you get in a crowd you must decide whether you are the hunter or the hunted. I chose hunter, but I specialized in hunting other hunters, to protect those that needed protection.
geez i am so jealous of you two! plus i am really jealous of becca and ashton visiting you in that marvelous city!!! rachel and i will be here with baby ella eating sushi.... it'll be pretty rad!!!
Post a Comment