As much as I would love to see LeBron come to NY. I agree with Charles 100%, and I am glad he spoke what many people were thinking.
One of the biggest differences between Jordan, Magic and Bird compared to LeBron and Kobe is how they views their team and teammates. Make your team great by being a leader and elevating everyone's level of play. They never attacked their teammates or discussed playing for a different team.
Hey today's "Superstars" study the players that you are trying become off the court, not just on it.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Well, I heard a great talk about the Boston Celtics and how their coach has them say an African chant...something about "I am part of a great team"...it looses a lot in my translation...maybe Dad can remember it...anyhoo...LeBron should build up his team wherever he is. I think Charles is right...it is rude to talk about what he will do in 2 years...do it now...but it would be fun to see him in NYC. That is an almost 56 year old woman with her thoughts on the NBA.
The Celtics are a great example of team first basketball. So was Sir Charles he took a pay cut so they could sign Danny Ainge. If it wasn't for Jordan and Pippen that Suns team would have won.
All of the past winners have had that attitude. The Heat would chant 15 strong all season long. They realized that the guys who never played were just as valuable to the team as Shaq and Wade. The Spurs are also a great example of this. The Admiral started that tradition and Parker/Duncan has kept it going. And the Pistons won without any stars, arguably weaker at every position than the Lakers. Shaq vs Ben Wallace Karl Malone vs Rasheed Wallace Kobe vs Rip Hamilton Gary Payton vs Chauncey
2 comments:
Well, I heard a great talk about the Boston Celtics and how their coach has them say an African chant...something about "I am part of a great team"...it looses a lot in my translation...maybe Dad can remember it...anyhoo...LeBron should build up his team wherever he is. I think Charles is right...it is rude to talk about what he will do in 2 years...do it now...but it would be fun to see him in NYC. That is an almost 56 year old woman with her thoughts on the NBA.
The Celtics are a great example of team first basketball. So was Sir Charles he took a pay cut so they could sign Danny Ainge. If it wasn't for Jordan and Pippen that Suns team would have won.
All of the past winners have had that attitude.
The Heat would chant 15 strong all season long. They realized that the guys who never played were just as valuable to the team as Shaq and Wade.
The Spurs are also a great example of this. The Admiral started that tradition and Parker/Duncan has kept it going.
And the Pistons won without any stars, arguably weaker at every position than the Lakers.
Shaq vs Ben Wallace
Karl Malone vs Rasheed Wallace
Kobe vs Rip Hamilton
Gary Payton vs Chauncey
LeBron take notice
Post a Comment