Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tree Lighting at Rockefeller Plaza . . . Almost!






















Andy and I decided to go to Rockefeller Plaza for
the lighting of the World's Most Famous Christmas Tree. We were half way there when the police told us that due to safety reasons they were having to turn people away. We reluctantly started to head home when we overheard a professional looking man (maybe a part of the ceremony?) say that they would be showing the lighting on the screens at Times Square. When we got there, however, the policeman said that there was no place at Times Square to see the ceremony . . . only at Rockefeller Plaza and that people had staked out all the good spots starting at 11AM!!!! So we settled for the next best thing . . . the Christmas Tree at Bryant Park, certainly not Rockefeller Plaza, but no less exciting. While there we got to see the new ice skating rink they put in for the Christmas season complete with some creepy Snowman guy skating around in it and posing for pictures with me and Andy . . . or me at least. After we got some great pictures of the tree, we headed back home. We got home just in time to see the main event on television . . . the Jonas Brothers performing!!!! After that they lighted the tree and we got a great picture with it via the T.V. Although we didn't accomplish exactly what we set out to do, we had a great adventure and created many fabulous memories!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I am cleaning the house tonight and getting your packages ready to mail for Christmas and thinking about you and NYC and then I come upon this...Yeah! I am glad that they keep you safe though...but I like the other tree anyway and the ice rink and the snowman hitting on Stefany.

Rachel said...

I applaud you for trying to go. Andy, do you remember me asking if you were going to see Al Roker light that tree? Well done on the attempt. I love it.

And I have no idea what the Jonas Brothers sing, by the way. Should I?

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

It turned out great. Bryant Park tree was lighted the night before, with Bare Naked Ladies and others. We missed it because I had class and Stefany had to go out to dinner with medical people. Ask her what the bill was (she did not have to pay)?

We will go to Rockefeller with the Rodgers this weekend.

The Jonas Brothers are the biggest group in the nation for teenage girls. The crowd reacts like it is the Beatles, crying and screaming just when their names are mentioned.

Now Miley Cyrus was there also (and who I wanted to see) and Jimmy Fallon, Harry Connick Jr. But they were all nothing compared to the Jonas Bros.

sarah jean said...

grrrr i just get so jealous of you guys!!! you live such an exciting life!!! i watched it all at the gym...not nearly as exciting!

i want mom and dad to send us picks of them lighting the Hendrickson Christmas Tree!!

rachel how can you not know who the Jonas brothers are??? i can't believe it. the teenage girls love them and they are everywhere. i bet you'd recognize them if you saw them.

Anonymous said...

I know who the Jonas brothers are...but cannot tell you what they sing or even what they sound like. One of them dumped Taylor Swift via the text or cell phone...she wrote about it in a song that I have never heard...and the youngest Jonas brother has diabetes and they all wear purity rings...my, I do know quite a bit about them...but I would want to hear Harry Connick, Jr.
I will have Dad take a picture of the tree...

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

No one needs to be jealous, just come visit.