I finally got a little time last week to start on a couple Halloween projects. I had wanted to start my projects earlier in the month, but time just got away from me!
I made two Halloween wreaths. One for the door and one for the mantel.
I wrapped a wreath form in yarn and attached a felt and ribbon banner. I added a little stitching and some buttons and used some sparkly scrapbook letters on the banner for some added cuteness. I found my inspiration here. I think it turned out pretty well and it probably cost less than $5 to make.
I found my inspiration for this burlap rag wreath here. It is a yard of orange burlap cut into 1" x 6" pieces and tied to a four-ring wreath form. Although I think it turned out cute, I am not sure if this one was worth it. I have used burlap before, but this project was super, super messy. Little burlap strings and lint EVERYWHERE. All over me and all over the floor then a little munchkin ran through my project space and carried the mess all over the house. It was like Hansel and Gretel over here. You could follow the trail of where Macy ran after she ran through the original burlap pile. I have most of it cleaned up, but I think it will take a couple hundred more go arounds with the vacuum and a lint roller before the mess is completely gone. *sigh*
2 comments:
um those are adorable. you could sell them. you are so good at crafts!!
Those are so cute...I love them both...I love the burlap but I know that it is so messy...but I think it was well worth it. When we come for Christmas you will some extra time for crafts since Den and I will watch the kids...can't wait...you are amazing.
Post a Comment