Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Following are a TON of pictures of our Halloween. Don't say I didn't warn you . . .

Macy was invited to go to Preschool at our neighbors' house today. They learned about the letter "H". All morning she said, "go to Preschool! Go to Preschool". She was so excited and had a wonderful time.

 The boys doing a little reading.

 Macy in her Halloween outfit. She picked out the Halloween Hello Kitty shirt all by herself.

 Zack and Macy. I think Nick was trying to leap off the couch during this picture.

 The kids excited about their treat buckets.

 A little pre- Trick-or-Treating fun.

 Giggling at Daddy.

 The boys.

 Nick trying to pull Macy's hair.

 Ready to Trick-or-Treat.

 Ready to Trick-or-Treat 2.

Can you find the difference between the two pictures above?

 Cinderella checking out her candy.

 Our Halloween mantel.

I found the idea for this 3D pumpkin here. Just a Styrofoam pumpkin cut in half and glued to some scrapbook paper. I found the sparkly pumpkins at Michaels. They were two for $1. I made my own Styrofoam pumpkins for my Autumn mantel, but I couldn't have made these for less and they are so much cuter than the ones I made.

 I'm not totally in love with this "boo" sign, but I'm not sure what I would do differently. Maybe different scrapbook paper for the background?

 I wasn't going to use these vases, but I had extra sparkly pumpkins so I changed my mind. I needed something else and remembered that I saw these sparkly mini ornaments at Michaels. I bought all the black ones they had and added a little purple ribbon for some extra color (although I don't think I would do that again, I don't love it). I think it turned out pretty cute (minus the purple ribbon).

I made this Trick-or-Treat banner using my Cricut. I used a q-tip to add some ink to the edges of the letters. I think it makes it look kind of old and creepy. Again, I don't love it. I think next time I would just put plain white letters on top of slightly larger black letters to create a shadow instead of inking.

Although there are a few things I don't like, as a whole I really like our Halloween mantel.

2 comments:

Denny and Denise said...

Your house looks amazing...great decorations. I love you all.

Rachel said...

They look so cute. And again, love the banners!