Monday, October 29, 2012

Parties and Pumpkins

We've been getting ready for a busy week of Halloween and Birthday festivities. Tonight for family home evening we are going to have a Halloween party. I am not sure what all this will entail, but I know there will be lots of candy for the adults and maybe a small piece or two for a little girl if she is good.

Macy is going to be Cinderella for Halloween. To get into character, she has been requesting to watch Cinderella daily and today she asked me to do, "Cinderella princess hair". We have never discussed Cinderella princess hair before so I am not sure where she came up with this, but we did a trial run (rough try, I know) and Macy was pretty excited when she got to look in the mirror. 


This boy:

and this boy:

will be turning 1 year old this week! We are super excited for this milestone. I have no idea where the time has gone, but we have loved every minute of it. The boys will be having a Sports themed birthday party. Anyone in the Cheyenne area this weekend are of course welcome to join in the fun. 

 I searched for a Sports themed birthday invitation, but couldn't find one so I made my own. I like that I was able to personalize it. 

Finally, some pumpkin crafts:

 I made this pumpkin last week following the tutorial I found here. It was really easy. I took a foam carving pumpkin ($1 at the dollar store), glued on some strips of fabric that I gathered down the middle and used some silk leaves and a few cinnamon sticks for the stem. I love the cinnamon stem because it smells wonderful! Also, did you know the dollar store sells cinnamon sticks? I wasn't going to use them because they were like $7 at the store, but decided to check at the dollar store on the off chance that they may have them. So glad I did!


 This pumpkin is another foam carving pumpkin that I decoupaged with scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. I originally tried to make a damask pumpkin like the one I saw here, but it did NOT look good. I started over and just kind of make things up as I went along. I added a little ribbon as a finishing touch. I think it turned out pretty cute. 

3 comments:

Denny and Denise said...

Stefany, the kids look adorable and I love her hair up...the pumpkins are fabulous!!! I wish we lived closer to do crafts together.

Phill and Jessica said...

Those invitations are incredible! Nice work!

sarah jean said...

the costumes are so cute, the invitations are adorable, and the pumpkins are amazing. i think you need to start a craft blog.