Thursday, February 19, 2009

10%



Dad I am thinking Stake Presidents Meeting Spiritual Thought

6 comments:

Papa D said...

I love it....I am actually speaking at Stake General Priesthood Meeting this Sunday. The thought did cross my mind....but I think not!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I am thinking at a Stake Leadership Meeting with the STake Presidencey doing the rap and dad being the DJ...scratching the record.

Stefany said...

I have a few comments:

1) I was pretty impressed by the dancing in this piece
2) Tithe means 10, right? But do other churches standardly pay 10% to their church? I guess what I'm asking is are these guys Mormon?
3) I wondered what Andy did while I was at work all day. He surfs the net in search of weird new rap tunes.

Papa D said...

Good question...

I am pretty sure they are LDS. However, other churches do use that term...but the deal is...how to they define 10% of what?

Many consider tithing to be 10% not of thier income, but of how much more they have this year than last year. So, for example, if my pay went up $2000 compared to last year, I would pay $200.00, even though my earnnings might be $100,000.00. But some churchs do it the same as we do. (10% of interest defind as income.)

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

I think President and Lee and Barber would do it. I wonder if President Frederickson could pull it off.

I have no idea if they are members someone (nonmember) posted it on facebook. My guess is it was a Stake Talent Show.

I think most people know that Tithe means 10, but they do not see it as literal. Rather tithe means donate what you can.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about President Frederickson and his knees being able to do it...I loved it...it is so funny. A lot of people just pay what they can...these guys were great...I loved the New Kids and Hammertime.