Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its a small scary world after all

This week I met with the head of the fitness center at the Pfizer World Head quarters. Which was amazing, after they pay the $480 a year to use the facility you get.
1. Unlimited use of the facility.
2. They have TV's and DVD players on the machines.
3. They have spinning DVD's so that you can do a class at the bike without they pressure of the class.
4. Can take 3 fitness classes (with the top rated instructors in Manhattan)
5. Twice a month you can go over your workout with a Personal Trainer.
6. They provide all the clothes except shoes. (ex. shirt, sports bra, jock strap, socks, etc)
7. The locker room provide all hygiene products (ex. razor, shaving cream, lotion, etc)
8. They have Physical Therapists on site, and with a prescription you get free, unlimited sessions.
9. They have fruit for you to eat during or after your workout.

But back to the point of the story. When I told the Director that I was from Washington State he replied "That is crazy, I was kidnapped in Spokane back in '88"

6 comments:

Papa D said...

Wow! That is amazing! I guess Your perception of a place is all how you look at it. He probably is afraid to ever come back to Spokane!

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

Yep a boy from Long Island is scared of Spokane. And most people in Spokane are scared of Long Island (after you tell them Queens and Brooklyn are on Long Island of course)

sarah jean said...

what?? how old is he?? did you get the full story? what is his name... i'm going to google him!

Anonymous said...

I am with Sarah...I want the rest of the story...Jill is really quite interested...what a great story...I felt so safe in NYC...one time in Boston was very scary but I did not feel that way in New York at all.

Stefany said...

Andy is not here right now, so I will answer these questions. So I guess this guy was on a baseball team. For some reason they were traveling from Spokane to Canada. These people drove up in a car and said "we'll take you to where you're going, the rest of your team will follow" or something to that affect. So anyway this guy got in (which seems very weird) and they locked the doors and he couldn't get out, but they did take him to Canada. So he got to where he was going in the end. A very odd case of "kidnapping". . . I don't think it fits the traditional definition.

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

He is from New York so he probably thought nothing of getting in a car with a stranger (Cab driver) they do it all the time