Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mr. President

One of the benefits of night classes is that I got to watch everything on this historic day. It was amazing, I got watch The Obama's go in and leave church at the President's church. I was also able to see the Obama's head into have coffee with the Bush's. It was very nice to see Michelle give her gift to Laura Bush, and to hear how wonderful these couples treated each other.

And then from the moment that I started watching the former Presidents walk into the inauguration I began to get chills. By the time that President Obama was being sworn in I was crying. It was like I was watching Rudy, Brian's Song and Hardball while cutting Onions.

What an amazing time to be alive, and to hear the stories from the people that thought this day would never come.

God Bless America

My prayers go out to the Kennedy family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen it yet as I am work but I am excited to watch it. I never thought in my life time we would have an African American President. I am glad you enjoyed the "pomp and circumstance". You get that from your mother.

:)

sarah jean said...

why are you praying for the kennedys?

Papa D said...

It was a great day!

Anonymous said...

Because Senator Ted Kennedy had a seizure at the luncheon and had to be taken to the hospital. He is suffering from brain cancer but is stable now...the seizures are quite common with that type of cancer...just FYI

Rachel said...

I had to work but there are tvs on all of the units and so we all gathered and watched. I thought it was amazing. I loved the look of joy on Yo-Yo Ma's face when he was playing his song, loved the speech, and also appreciated how nice the couples were too each other. It was a fabulous day.