
As President Bush's days as President come to an end I would like to take this moment to thank him for his service to the country and highlight some of his successes.
1. His effort to fight AIDS. He has increased funding and made it so that you do not have to be Rich to receive treatment.
"In 2002, Bush helped launch the Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria, to which the United States is the biggest single contributor.
And in 2003 he set up the President's Emergency Plan For Aids Relief (PEPFAR), focused on 15 countries, mainly in Africa."
2. No Child Left Behind I am not a fan of, but he has focused on Education and increased funding more than any other President.
"Test scores have been rising around the country in recent years, while the achievement gap between white and minority students is closing."
3. Reduce the number of youth who use and abuse drugs. He made a goal to reduce drug use by 25% during his presidency. And if you rule out prescription drug use (which has risen) he has lowered drug use by 24%.
"With the expansion of federally funded student drug-testing programs to 80 school districts nationally; increased screening, brief interventions, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) programs in healthcare settings; and the Access to Recovery treatment voucher program, which has resulted in 190,000 people with addiction getting services."
4. He was the leader that we needed during the Post 9/11 era. He led the charge to increase patriotism and faith.

Thank You for your service and Patriotism
11 comments:
I thought of you last night as we were at Rachael's company Christmas party. Yeah in Idaho we celebrate it 2 weeks late apparently. But someone gave the best gift. A dancing singing Hillary doll singing her version of "My country tis of ME, Sweet land of Hillary, of ME I sing."
That is really funny.
so true! People need to appreciate how hard it would be to be the President. Good thoughts
Andy,
I am very proud of you. You said many true and important things. He has done a lot of good and I for one, appreciate it. He really has worked hard for his country. Thank you for this shout out to President Bush. May the Lord bless him for his service.
I was going to read it, but I got bored. Sorry. After a long day at work, I have a very poor attention span.
thank you for writing this. you always hear about the things he didn't accomplish and you forget how much he did for our country.
I thought about what Andy had written and was impressed and decided that I will write and mail him a Thank you note.
The address (if you wanted to do as I am ) is:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave SW
Washington DC 2500
Thank you for your support
I agree. Though I disagreed on some policy things, I think he is a good man who did good things. I actually feel sad for how negative things have been towards him.
This is why we need to send him a note...Notice the zipcode...it is missing a number...it should read 25000...I am writing my note today.
I sure would not want any of my children or husband under the pressure and judgements that he has gone through...although you are all smart enough to be the President.
I thought that his speech last night was very good. When he talked about making the country safer and that his legacy will not be known for many years.
I did this because after talking with a person, they could not say one positive about a former President. And since Clinton and Bush past the same type of laws more than 50% of the time. How can any person think one was terrible and the other was a genius.
This all goes back to the fact that our Presidents know so much more info than we do, that we must judge without ever knowing the facts.
In my life Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama have all been men of Patriotism.
Well, I agree with that...anyone who would be President does love their country...I may not agree with them but they are my president and I stand behind them.
When Ronald Regan was shot Jimmy Stewart told him he would have taken the bullet for him. I loved that...Of course, I love Jimmy Stewart but hearing him say that impressed me.
And I did mail my thank you note. Maybe the Former President Bush will write to me...I will invite he and Laura over for Ham and MFPs and Mud Pie. We would have fun...and then I could meet some real Secret Service Men/Women since I think the President is protected until he dies.
Post a Comment