Saturday, January 31, 2009

Piddle

Andy and I were discussing the definition of piddle. I don't remember how we came upon the subject, but I typed the word into Google to find the definition. Piddle means to waste time and the slang meaning is to urinate. We decided that when Andy is using the word, he is most often referring to children or dogs urinating. But this is one of the pictures that comes up when you type the word into the search engine:

Obviously this shows that piddle does not apply to just children and dogs . . . but then again maybe it just supports that theory!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the picture is wonderful...someone is clever...I have always used "piddle" in a sentence to refer to pee...never wasting time since I would not want to say that I was piddling all day...but Grandma Mary used it often...so glad that you are keeping us up on what's what. you and Andy have conversations like Den and I...except Den goes to the Encyclopedia not Google.

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

How this starts is. I say a word that is normal in the Hendrickson home, but Stefany questions its validity. ex ischy

sarah jean said...

so piddle means a grown man urinating like president clinton???

Papa D said...

I believe I have used "piddling" with animals who "piddle on the carpet" as opposed to humans.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dad does say Piddle...I have never heard him say the word "Pee"...I have heard him say "pea" but not "pee" not in 31 years of marriage and on Friday 2/6/09 we celebrate the day we got engaged...back to the original thought...have any of you ever heard Dad say "pee"...just a thought

sarah jean said...

why isn't anyone else concerned that the man in the picture is bill clinton??? why?????

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

Sarah I think Bill's private parts have already been discussed enough (ok a lot more than enough)

I have never heard Pee, but once I heard Crap (when playing Tetris)