Monday, January 5, 2009

Union Sqaure ward

So it is quite fun sitting in Elders Quorum listening to the comments. I feel like I can hang with most people intellectually, however this changes when I listen to the comments. The word Dichotomy was used 6 or 7 times during a lesson on Charity (I now plan to use it often). The ward consists of Ivy League grads that live downtown and people getting post baccalaureate degrees at NYU living in the Village. So I sit by the USC grad who as a junior partner at Price Waterhouse (I guess closer to my level) talks like me.

The point of the story is now I know how all those people in Spokane felt when I used big wards and talked way above the intellectual capacity of the room.

I do not mean to be speaking in sardonic tone

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I like the word dichotomy and like to use it whenever I can...which is not often...but it is fun to throw those words around...your ward sounds fun...and you, Andy, can hold your own with anyone.

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

Wow is misspell a lot of words. It is ok that they are smarter, because I have the hottest wife.

birdeeb said...

LOL! You used big wards haha! ;o) That sounds like a ward I would say, "huh?" a lot in haha! ;o) And like a lot LOL

Rachael and Brad Huntsman said...

Yes, you were very shallow and pedantic while using big words. You can't make a quiche without an oven... I bet you can find a restaurant that makes one.