Monday, March 2, 2009

My Favorite Husband

I often tell Andy that he is my favorite husband when he makes me laugh or does something nice. While I truly mean this a compliment, Andy thinks that this is an insult. I just wanted to take an informal poll. Is calling someone/thing your favorite when you only have one a compliment or an insult?

7 comments:

m.a. said...

I often tell my hubby that he's my favorite. I think its a compliment, but I just asked him and he says, "It's weird." Maybe its a girl thing!

sarah jean said...

it must be a girl thing because i think its way cute! i would say andy is my favorite brother, and it would be true....he is!!!

Anonymous said...

I tell Denny he is my favorite all the time...and he is my only one...so I think you are just fine...and I really like the new look

Papa D said...

Denise, every once in a while, would see me at church or something and say, "I choose you". Same kind of nice thing.

On the other hand, Barbara Crump always used to call to ask for Denise and would say, "Can I speak to your good wife?" I think a couple of times I would say. "Let's see...... the good one, hummmmm, that would probably be Denise."

I thought I was quite funny.

NCAA2PROSPORTS said...

It is not that it is an insult, just that it is not a compliment.

Being ranked number 1 when you are the only 1 on the list is not impressive.

I would accept "favorite person/man/boyfriend etc" Being number 1 on this list is impressive.

Beth and Wes said...

I vote for compliment!

DJCK incorporated said...

When people come to bug me about "Big Love" at work I always tell them I have my application in for my fourth wife but haven't heard back from SLC yet. They think for a minute and then, "wait a minute, you have three wives already?" . Then I add,"Yeah, and I put in a recommendation to SLC to remove the word bullsh** from the list of profanities because we have to use it so much around here!" I'm not their usual Mormon, they always tell me.