Look at this fabulous wreath my mother-in-law made for the "Harvest Season". Isn't it great? She is so talented. I love all the fall colors!
Great minds think alike because I had been planning on posting some pictures of the wreath I made recently. I have had the house decorated for Autumn since early August. We didn't really get to experience Fall last year when we were living in Florida so I have been super excited this year for it to start!
I saw this wreath on Pinterest awhile back and wanted to make something similar. The blogger called it her $10 Fall Wreath. Since being married to Andy, I have become much more thrifty. I just knew I could make the wreath for less than $10 and so I set out to do so. Here is a breakdown of how much everything cost me:
Wreath - $1 at The Dollar Tree
"H"- $0.78 on clearance at Michaels
Burlap - $1 at Hobby Lobby
Pumpkins - I sort of followed a tutorial here and here to make the pumpkins out of Styrofoam balls and tissue paper. They sell bags of gourds at all the craft stores, but $10 for a bag of them seemed a little pricey to me (even if they were on sale), plus I wouldn't be getting just pumpkins. There would be squash and whatever else is considered a gourd. Anyway, it cost me less than $1 to make two.
Floral tape - $1
I already had the ribbon, paint, and beading wire (which I used to make the pumpkin vines) and Andy and Macy helped collect sticks for the stems.
So we have a grand total of about $5. Half the price and I think that it looks at least half as cute.



5 comments:
Thanks for sharing mine but yours in ADORABLE...and I love it!!!
It is amazing for that price...and I love the little pumpkins...you are so talented.
you are talented! Very Cute!
Moms wreath is beautiful!!! And I was lucky enough to see your cute fall decorations...so cute. Your wreath with her homemade white pumpkins were adorable. So so cute.
This is so cute and I love that you put the cost and everything. I need to do more things like that.
Post a Comment