Friday, September 7, 2012

Frozen Vegetables

We decided as a family to start eating more healthy. I bought a bunch of vegetables and put them in the fridge. When I went to cut some up for Andy to take for lunch, about half of them were frozen! I was quite upset. After a little research on the Internet, I found that I could just use them like I would vegetables that I buy already frozen (makes perfect sense). I found a recipe for vegetable soup here and made a HUGE pot (you will notice in the picture that it boiled over before I was able to transfer some to another pot). I threw in all the frozen vegetables (celery and carrots), some cabbage we needed to use, and part of a ginormous zucchini that Andy brought home from a friend's garden. I didn't have any ground beef so I left that out, but the meatless version was still very tasty. Even Miss Macy (who has been protesting against veggies lately) ate a bowl!
 

1 comment:

Denny and Denise said...

I love that kind of soup...it looks amazing and I am proud of Little Miss Macy for eating her vegies.