Friday, September 21, 2012

Crib Rail Covers

One afternoon Andy walked into the boys' room after their nap to find that Nick had gnawed a nice chunk out of his crib rail. We tied some burp clothes on it as a quick fix until we could buy some rail covers. After doing a little research, I found crib rail covers to be a bit on the pricey side and because we have two cribs to cover, I decided to look at different options. I found this idea on Pinterest (of course)- homemade fleece crib rail covers. I don't remember the exact price, but the fleece was on sale and I think I spent around the same amount for four covers that I would have spent on one pre-made one (AND I got to choose the color!) Mine doesn't look as cute, but it accomplishes what it is supposed to. Nick now enjoys a soft place to chew and the crib isn't damaged (any more than it already was). You're supposed to cut off the excess strips of fleece, but I tied them on top and then tied a couple rings to some of them. Now Nick has a couple of toys to play with as well!
 
An interesting note: Nick can somehow untie the top knots. I have no idea how he does it because it is difficult for me to untie them and I am an adult. I don't know if he uses his hands or his teeth, but in the mornings or after naptimes there are often a few knots untied. Silly little boy!
 
 Zack and Nick having fun after naptime.
 
 Playing with the letters and rings tied to the rail cover.
 
Waving to the camera.

2 comments:

Denny and Denise said...

Oh my gosh...they are so adorable...I could just eat them up they are so sweet.

Denny and Denise said...

I just love those little guys.